Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
1 Hr. Virginia Contract Law
Agents who understand the core components of a valid contract are better positioned to serve their clients, their industry, and their business.
This brief course meets the Real Estate Contracts CE requirement for renewing salespeople and brokers. In it, we analyze common agency agreements (listing agreements, buyer/broker agreements, and sales contracts), and review federal and state guidelines for contract formation.
Course highlights include:
- Contract terminology and the elements of a valid contract
- Three key types of listing contracts—Exclusive Right to Sell, Exclusive Agency, and Open Agency
- How offers can be terminated, as well as the distinctions between a void contract and a voidable contract
- State and federal guidelines for contract formation and processing
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts